Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mitt in DeWitt

Mitt Romney did a quick stop in our town at our favorite local bakery last week.  I dragged the kids out to see him in sweltering weather and we had a fun time.  It's kind of a big deal for our little town of 10,000ish people.  Even though it was one of three stops in Michigan for the day, our little town's bakery got several pictures in several newspapers (including, we're told, the Wall Street Journal).

Here is Abby posing in line with a tooth-ier grin than usual.  (She had lost her first tooth the day before!)

Here are Abby and Briton dancing while we waited for the big Romney bus to arrive.  It is a very short clip, but they look cute.

Here's Mitt.  We were  fairly close to the stage but with all the people in front of me I couldn't see anything (and wasn't even exactly sure where the stage was).  I could hear fine though so I just listened.  About midway through his speech, I turned my head slightly to the right and, lo and behold, I had a very good view of Mitt.  It turns out the stage was slightly more forward than what I'd thought. I felt pretty silly (even though there was no one there to know and make fun of me:).  That is one of the joys of being short!  It was a fun and unique experience.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: