Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Utah - North

We spent 2 weeks in Utah during January.

It feels so good to be home with all our family. I miss them and we consider ourselves very blessed to be able to travel home to see them regularly.

I got to spend my birthday there. My birthday indulgence was the lunch buffet at the Garden Cafe in the Grand America. It is so good. Mike and I used to eat there every year for our anniversary. We highly recommend it (and the price is extremely reasonable)!

We were excited to plan our trip around this:
It was so great to be able to attend Isaac's baptism. We love him and appreciate that he is such a good cousin to our kiddos.

We were able to visit great-grandparents and really enjoyed being with them.
My parents took the kids to the aquarium. The new otters along with the penguins, sharks and other old-timers were great.
We visited Hope's grave.
We got to go to the cabin! My parents, Kaley, Cory and Deja were also there and we had a great time - swinging, watching movies, sledding and eating!
We went to the Church History Museum with Bekah, Lance and Carter. It was so fun to watch the kids play and have fun together.
This may sound silly, but one of the best things about the trip was that I made a list of restaurants I wanted to go to and we hit them all. It may sound silly, but it made me happy:
  • Red Iguana
  • Cafe Rio
  • Sweet Tomatoes (perhaps the only restaurant that we have eaten at every time we've traveled back to Utah)
  • In 'n' Out
  • The Garden @ the Grand America
  • Papa Murphy's Pizza
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: