Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Utah Trip - Part 1

Well, we are home. Now for the report...

The trip started rather excitingly. On our way to the airport it started to snow - freakishly blizzardly (too many -ly words). We got stranded in Chicago. The kids were happy to be able to stay in a hotel.

We flew into Las Vegas and then spent a few days in St. George with Mike's parents and our niece. We had a lovely time...

...swimming
...playing on red rocks
...and visiting the temple visitors center

We drove into Salt Lake where we stayed with my parents for the rest of the trip. We had a great time! On the first day Mike went snowboarding with a friend. The kids and I went shopping with grandma and to the aquarium with grandma and grandpa. It's too bad that we didn't take any pictures but we really did enjoy the jelly fish, penguins, sting rays, sharks, frogs, etc. (And we loved the company!)

The next day began the visiting of the great-grandparents. It is so much fun for me to share my kids with my grandparents and share my grandparents with my kids.

Grandma Nielsen
Grandpa David
Grandma Marva
We also went to the cemetery that day. Briton loved it. (I was about to write that "Briton was in heaven" but that seemed a bit strange when talking about a cemetery.) He had so much fun running outside, on the cemetery roads and around the stones. We think that the Salt Lake Cemetery is the prettiest in the world!
To be continued. There is more - oh, so much more.

1 comments:

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.