Monday, October 18, 2010

Busy Saturday

Mike has been wanting to get rid of this tree ever since we moved in. We tried to convince the power company to take care of it (note the power lines behind it - they are really not that close). They generously chopped off the top and a few branches last summer. Well, Mike was able to borrow a chainsaw this past weekend and had a good time (I think) cutting it down. The kids and I enjoyed watching him and it got me to do a bit of needed yard work in the back as well.

Here are the boys with their man toy.

I dug up a couple overgrown flowers and split them. It was cute to watch Briton playing around in the holes we dug as we replanted the flowers.

Abby collected the dead stalks(?) from this year's daylilies (of which we have an abundance).

Saturday evening I made apple pies! I wasn't as ambitious as it looks here. I had a lot of help. Some of the Relief Society ladies got together at the church on Friday and were taught how to make apple pies to throw unbaked into the freezer. Great idea, huh? I ended up with a lot of chopped apples so I just had to mix up some more filling and make some more crusts. These are cream cheese crusts - not too labor intensive.

We rounded out the day with a movie after the kids went to bed. Nice...

1 comments:

Ryan and Alicia said...

Okay...now I need your pie recipe. Those look great and what a good idea to freeze them.
Too bad Jeff Rindlisbacher wasn't around...I'm not kidding when he LOVES to use a chain saw. He can hear one from miles away and rushes to go help. He was in heaven helping us cut down our wheeping cherry last fall. ;-)