Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day

We went to the beach. There was a storm coming in so we left home early and stayed until 2ish - time for sand castles building, feet burying, almost swimming (58 degree water), kite flying, pier walking, etc.
*****
An anecdote from today:

3-year-olds sometimes bring up unique topics of conversations. Today it was bison. Abby started telling me how nice they are. My mother hen instinct kicked in and we had a lovely conversation about the size of bison and how they can push, gore and inflict bodily harm (using toddler appropriate language). Moments later, this was the conversation:

"Mom, you know what I'm going to do when I get big?"

"What are you going to do when you get big?"

"I'm going to go to Primary with the big kids and I'm going to teach bison how to behave. You know, behave means to be nice and not push. Yep, next time we go to Yellowstone, I'm going to do that!"

1 comments:

Lizzy said...

I love that you guys live close to the beach! That is the one thing Utah is lacking!