Thursday, February 4, 2010

Some catch up

I don't have a lot of pictures to post, but I should post something...

1. My days are centered around my kids and Relief Society (and Mike, too, but he's usually at work). I got a new calling (RS Pres.) in late November. Things started kind of slow because of the holidays and so many people from our branch traveling for Christmas so I feel that January is really when we got started. It has been a great opportunity and I feel that I've already grown a lot (sounds a bit trite, eh? but true). There have been plenty of growing pains, but it is good. There are some amazing people around here. We are so lucky to know many of them.

2. Abby is doing well. Here are some of her smarts. The other day we watched a Living Scriptures video about Alma the Younger. I tried to talk with her about it as we watched it. Afterwards, I asked her what happened to Alma. This is what she said:

Alma was being naughty. Then he took off his naughty clothes and put on his pajamas and went to sleep.

Translation: In the video, Alma was dressed in the "fine twined linen" during his rebellious days. The "regular" clothes must have looked more like PJs and the angel "put him to sleep". I think that for a 3-year-old she did pretty well.

3. Monday was a strange day. I woke up with the stomach flu. Mike made Abby breakfast and she threw the plate (and food) on the floor. I called Mike mid-day and asked him if he could come home. He did (bless him). Shortly after he got home, he asked when the disposal broke. Umm, not sure. Later that night, we found that the hot water heater was overflowing in the basement. We were glad when Monday was over. (PS The stomach flu is gone, hot water is good, Abby isn't throwing food and Mike is working normal hours. Unfortunately, the disposal is not working.)

4. Briton eats a lot. He'll eat anything. He can also go down the stairs as well as up. We still keep our eyes on him, but that is nice.

5. Abby loves to play games. We have fishing games, Candy Land, Chutes & Ladders and the sort. She likes to make up new rules and sometimes a completely new game. I feel guilty oftentimes, because she'll make up a silly new game or say something especially cute and I can't help but laugh. Unfortunately, when I start to laugh, I laugh a lot. I am not trying to make fun of her, I just think she is adorable. I hope my laughing isn't scarring her. Let me know if you have any great suggestions on how to keep from laughing at your kids when they do something fabulous (or just plain funny and they don't realize how funny it is).

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

It's so fun to hear (and see!) about your cute kids.

Good luck with the (kind-of) new calling!

Lizzy said...

What a fun girl you have! I can't wait untill Macey gets into playing games! She got Candy Land Castle for Christmas but so far she just likes to sort all of the shapes and if I try to "play" with her she gets quite upset :-)

Nancy said...

Good luck with your new calling.