Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Few Unrelated Thoughts

This is a link to a blog that I love:

simple mom

Simple mom focuses on effective home management. Her ideas have really affected the way I maintain my home (ie clean), manage my time, organize my to-dos and in general view my responsibilities as a home manager. I am sure that some of you already read her blog, but if not and you're interested, there it is. Of course, there are some ideas that I don't find useful or applicable to me, but many have been excellent.

****

Abby is becoming a good little helper. She's good at setting the table and she is excellent at putting her clean laundry away. I enjoy having her tag along while I am doing my chores because she gets really excited when I let her help. Hopefully, the enthusiasm will stick with her.

****

This was my favorite Briton moment from yesterday: He loves to pull himself up by the dishwasher and play with utensils (not always a good idea). I was doing dishes and he was playing around my feet. I was trying to keep him from climbing up on the open dishwasher door (also not a good idea). I looked down just in time to see him pull the bottom drawer (empty) right out of the dishwasher. The drawer rolled out and pushed him onto his bottom and then onto his back with it landing right on his tummy. He didn't cry and wasn't hurt but was looking up at me somewhat confused (still gripping tightly to the drawer). There was a split second that I wanted to run and get the camera, but that wouldn't have been very nice. It gave me a little chuckle - the predicaments these kids get themselves into!

1 comments:

Strong Family said...

Jonathan also likes to "help" me with the dishes. Not very helpful when he is pulling the dirty silverware out. But is so cute!